Problems with flash player

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Chelsealov3, Jul 18, 2009.

1. Chelsealov3 macrumors newbie

So, I've been trying to install adobe flash player on my iMac, running os 10.5.7, using the latest version of firefox.
    I download the file from adobe, and follow all the on screen instructions and in the end it says the installation was successful, however when I go to http://www.socialvibe.com I get a prompt to install flash player.
    Also, I can still watch youtube videos, and go to some flash based websites.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

I have heard of others having this issue
    Have you restarted Firefox?

My understanding is that some have had to run the install multiple times before it actually took (for reasons I do not understand)

You might want to send a PM to MR user clevin
    He is the resident Firefox guru and if anyone on the board knows what is going on for you, he will

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]

3. Chelsealov3 thread starter macrumors newbie

I have restarted Firefox, and run the install quite a few times, thanks for the suggestions though.
    I'll definitely send him a message and see where that goes.

4. kasakka macrumors 68000

If YouTube etc works fine, then you have Flash installed properly. I think it's a case of the SocialVibe website checking for Flash 9, but it doesn't understand that the current Flash Player is version 10.

5. Chelsealov3 thread starter macrumors newbie

hmm.
    I uninstalled version 10, and replaced it with version 9, and still nothing.
    :(