Problems with fonts. Anyone with a dell u2312hm?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by zeiter, Apr 21, 2014.

1. zeiter macrumors 6502

Hi there,

I am using a retina macbook pro 2013 with an external display, the dell u2312hm. I am currently using a startech mdp to dvi adapter. For some reason, the text appears to be weird. It's like I can see shadow around letters and some reddish-bluish colours depending of the words or the font used. Is this normal? I remember using my early 2008 macbook pro with mavericks installed to and I did not have this problem (dvi to dvi).

The problem still happens when using my wife's macbook air 2012 with the same adapter and the same screen. Is this my screen's pixel rending mode or what? Is this mavericks who changed things?? It's pretty annoying because my text is blurry and weird colours on it (sometimes).

I will try to take a picture if my camera is good enough. Thank you.

2. howareyoukk macrumors regular

Hi
    I encountered the image issues with my 27 inch monitor as well. I fixed the problem with the method they provided in here: http://www.ireckon.net/2013/03/forc...ix-the-picture-quality-of-an-external-monitor

Good luck.

3. zeiter thread starter macrumors 6502

4. MkVsTheWorld macrumors regular

Did you confirm that your monitor is not being detected as a TV?

5. MattZani macrumors 68030

MattZani

I have this display, I use the Displayport Input, no problems.

6. howareyoukk macrumors regular

LOL, didnt expect to see you here again...And Yes my monitor was initially being detected as TV but then I followed the instructions in the link and override the display system.And now everything is working well so far.

Are you the same guy who left a message in the comment section in macworld? Thanks for the help :)

7. MkVsTheWorld macrumors regular

That's me lol. Glad to hear you got everything fixed!

8. howareyoukk macrumors regular

:) the link you provided was quite helpful. I thought it couldn't be that simple-just replace the folder and expect it to work. BUT thats exactly what happened when I restarted my laptop after replacing the display folder :)

May I ask which macbook pro you are using currently with the vp2770? Also I am now concerning if it will take that much effort if i want to connect my macbook pro to another external display? BTW mine macbook pro is the 2012 ,15inch (non retina) with anti-glare display :)

9. MkVsTheWorld macrumors regular

One thing that article doesn't tell you to do is Repair Permissions afterwards, which may not be essential. I like to do that as a precaution though.

I actually have the Viewsonic hooked up to my mid-2011 27-inch iMac. I have a late-2011 17-inch antiglare MBP, which I hooked up to the Viewsonic once while I was troubleshooting the monitor at first. I actually had to force RGB mode on my MBP too. But, that monitor should work just fine on a MBP that's got Thunderbolt.

10. howareyoukk macrumors regular

Hey thanks for your reply :) I encounter some minor issue with the sound output while i connect my macbook pro to vp2770 via MDP-DP cable. Sometimes I can't select my sound output device to vp2770 no matter how many time i select it in system preference . And when I restart my laptop, everything becomes back to normal...Have you encountered this kind of issue before? Thanks :)

11. MkVsTheWorld macrumors regular

To be honest, I haven't used the built-in sound on the Viewsonic. I'll try it out later tonight and see if I run into the same issue.
    Did you get this problem before and/or after implementing the RGB override fix?

12. zeiter thread starter macrumors 6502

Does mavericks still sees your monitor as a tv after using the patch??
    thank you

13. MkVsTheWorld macrumors regular

It's seen as a monitor in System Profiler.

14. howareyoukk macrumors regular

Hi:)
    Sorry for the late reply. It was actually a dumb move by me. I should have stop all the video playbacks before I close off the lid. Otherwise I have to restart the laptop to get the output sound back. It is just how the osx works :(