Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mojo67821

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 20, 2006
Hi, I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this.

I love the front row feature on OSX... I think it's great for playing music at parties... no more drunk people asking you what song is playing (just point)

Anyhoo, I'm finding that I can only run it once per boot. If I start up my computer, run it, listen to music for a while, then close it... I am unable to bring the "interface" up again with the remote without totally restarting my computer. If I reboot, everything is fine until I open and close it again.

This seems strange to me, why would I only be able to run it once per boot? Has anyone else experienced this? Am I missing a step in the operation? Is there a way to start this application without the remote?

sorry for all the questions :) thanks ahead of time for the help!

balamw

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
New England
Mojo67821 said:
I'm finding that I can only run it once per boot.

Is there a way to start this application without the remote?
http://www.macosxhints.com/article.php?story=20060113065823780

Command-Escape should launch FR. Within FR, the space bar, arrow keys and ESC are very useful.

I "lost" FR similar to what you describe once, when my two year old went in and out of it multiple times and probably managed to confuse it. Generally you can go in and out (slowly) many times per boot.

B

ero87

macrumors 65816
Jan 17, 2006
New York City
hmm i don't know why you're having that problem, but you can activate front row with your keyboard: command-esc. use esc to go back a page, use the control pad, etc.

Mojo67821

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 20, 2006
ero87 said:
hmm i don't know why you're having that problem, but you can activate front row with your keyboard: command-esc. use esc to go back a page, use the control pad, etc.

Interesting... I won't be able to test this out till tomorrow (when I'll be home again). Hopefully it will work. the strange thing about what is happening to me is that there's no deviation. The same thing is happening over and over... I use front row once, and then after I close it I cannot bring it up again till I reboot. I wonder if using the keyboard shortcut as opposed to the remote will make any difference.

Has anyone else experienced this "disappearing" of Front Row?

Mojo67821

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 20, 2006
I've narrowed down the problem a bit. If I start up my computer fresh than I can open and close Front Row several times without any issues. After my computer goes to sleep and wakes back up though, that's when I can no longer use Front Row. I've been thinking about contacting Apple customer support because it's a really annoying problem and I love using the app.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.