Problems with Gmail in native app

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by cristovao, Oct 10, 2015.

1. cristovao macrumors 6502a

cristovao

Anyone else having problems with gmail delivery when using the native iOS mail app? Wife has been having intermittent problems with it for a few weeks.

2. Clevans macrumors regular

Yes! I had to delete my Gmail account and add it again because it said there was a problem with my password. So far no more problems since Friday

3. TheMacApple macrumors regular

I tried gmail, outlook and gave up. Now I forward gmail to my iCloud account and get emails instantly
    Before I deleted gmail from the phone, gmail delays were normally within a minute. Couple times took 1/2 hr plus

4. Josh125 macrumors 6502

Josh125

No, but I did have to delete and re-add. My Yahoo mail sometimes does not reach the server, likely unrelated though.

5. Berthacrowley macrumors member

Berthacrowley

Yes, me too! It keeps telling me there's something wrong with the imap settings and I've had to delete my info & re-enter it 3 times in the last week! I prefer Apple's native mail app to the gmail app but I'm going to have to download it until they fix this issue!