problems with greenpoison

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by BeatleJohn, Feb 7, 2011.

1. BeatleJohn macrumors newbie

hi guys
    just jb my iphone 3gs a few days ago using greenpoison. all worked ok no probs at all. so i was changing my sms tones using iphone explorer and worked great. then i decided to change the slider txt and it worked fine but then i noticed my sms and phone icons where gone. i did a reboot and then more icons were gone! i had to restore my phone and reload from last back up. has anyone else had this problem before. it was my first jb so i dont know if this sort of thing is common? is greenpoison ok to use?
    also my phone has the current updates and im using the current itunes. any info on why this happened would be great. thanks guys :)

2. BeatleJohn thread starter macrumors newbie

hi guys
    could someone help me out here please. it happened to my phone again. this time all the icons dissapeard and the phone froze. i shut it down and wen it restarted it had the itunes sync on the screen like when its brand new. so i had to sync with itunes and am restoring now. whats the deal with this? its dying once a day so far. wont be any good like this if im away from my comp and need to restore :(

3. redbeard331 macrumors 6502a

redbeard331

I had that happen back in December on 4.1 Jailbroken with Limerain, so I don't think it's a GP problem, just something that happens once in a while. I've had to restore my bone stock iPhone before too due to it messing up. Only thing you can do in that case is restore and re-jailbreak.

4. BeatleJohn thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks for yr reply
    wondering if jb is worth it really cos its crashed once a day since i did it! anyone else have any info on this??

5. gco212 macrumors 6502

Yes it's worth it (to me). I upgraded to 4.2.1 for about three days before abandoning it to go back to Jailbreakable 4.0.1. Not having the ability to quick reply to a text is just ludicrous frankly.

6. BeatleJohn thread starter macrumors newbie

yeh i do love it tho im only really using it to mod my phone at the moment and i totally enjoy that aspect of jb but if its going to make my phone too unstable and crash it all the time maybe its just not worth it. was the diff between this jb and the last one? are u using GP??
    thanks

7. redbeard331 macrumors 6502a

redbeard331

So it crashed again after doing a restore and re-jailbreaking?

8. BeatleJohn thread starter macrumors newbie

yep i redid the jb after i lost my sms and other icons, worked fine i did some mods to my phone. was fine all night and again today. then about half hour ago check my phone and all the icons are gone and nothing i can do. so i turned it off and then it had the itunes thing on the screen saying to connect to itunes. so im restoring from back up now. am i doing something wrong? all im doing is mods to my phone like everyone does. all the pics and icons are the correct sizes. HELP!! lol

9. BeatleJohn thread starter macrumors newbie

well restored and jb again! lets see how this one goes. for some reason winterboard didnt download like last time and i had to search for it on cydia? also cant get an iconoclasm layout id been using hmm maybe that was the glitch?? if anyone has any ideas could u keep me posted. thanks