Problems with Halo 2 on Vista On MBP

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by gillilandboy, Aug 19, 2007.

1. gillilandboy macrumors 6502

I'm running Vista. I have a problem with Halo 2 Vista. The problem is, it doesn't work with halo 2 vista. It starts up, freezes, goes to blue screen. reboots. When I started up halo 2 vista for the first time, it says:

Your processing speed is 1.4
    Your capable processing speed is 2.4
    the minimum system requirements for this game is 1.5

The specs on my MPB are:
    2GB ram, 8600GT video card, Intel core 2 duo 2.4 GHz

I have no clue what the problem is. Anyone have any ideas? I am also running bootcamp so I know I have enough power.

2. polishmacuser macrumors 6502a

polishmacuser

did you try to update the game go to halo2.com and go to support there some patches download them and see what happens. I really dont believe that halo 2 cant run on a brand new santa rosa macbook pro.

3. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

I have the previous generation MBP and it runs fine without any updates. It sounds like the energy saving is kicking in and slowing down the CPU, so take a look around in the energy control panel and see whether there's a "best performance" option.

4. DeepShadows macrumors newbie

You know if you are running the MBP without a battery in it but plugged into AC the CPU is underclocked automatically right? Try putting your battery in if it isn't already, even if you are running from ac power. I heard it was to ensure that the macbook pro has enough power to power everything(which doesn't make sense to me at all).