Problems with HP Photo smart C6100

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Sossity, Mar 11, 2013.

1. Sossity macrumors 65816

May 12, 2010
    before anyone says anything, I know this is a mac dominated forum, but I use a windows PC as well, and a PC forum I am signed up to is upgrading & I cannot make posts there right now, so i will ask here to see if anybody can help me, as I see some users here do own windows boxes as well.

I currently have an HP photosmart all in one printer scanner HP C6100. It is connected via USB 2.0 to a dell PC with windows XP home edition service pack 2

When ever I try to power it up, the light on it just blinks, & it just hangs, I once went into the computer system settings & it showed the printer as disconnected, so I unplugged & plugged it back in, & it worked. But I have had to do this plugging & unplugging a few times to get it working properly.

another problem I am having is it will not print pages that I want or select from the internet or word documents. It will print only a top corner & the print is very large, it is like it cannot get the scale of the pages right. i have tried to set the scale in the printer preferences diologe to fit to page.
  2. HMI, Mar 12, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2013

HMI macrumors 6502a

May 23, 2012
    Try resetting all printer settings back to their factory defaults with the setup button on the printer.

Try HP's new "Print and Scan Doctor" troubleshooting utility:
    (I didn't see the c6100, but I did find both a c6150 and a c6180, so I chose the c6150)

Also, I recommend at least updating your copy of XP to SP3 if you are able to, but that is another topic.