problems with HP printer on Leopard

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Maximus38, Oct 27, 2008.

1. Maximus38 macrumors member

I have an HP PSC 2355 printer, it worked OK on Tiger although it never finished its setup properly and would comne up with the same annoying message each time at Startup. Things have only got worse since I installed Leopard - now I get a message saying 'The application HPIO Trap Monitor quit unexpectedly' every 3 minutes or so. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling to no effect, drivers seem to make no difference though I really don't know which ones (if any) I should be installing.

Any suggestions? I would receive them very gratefully!

2. gsahli macrumors 6502a

gsahli

The "printing-only" driver included in Leopard is newer than any download available from HP (your model doesn't seem to be otherwise supported on 10.5). Did it print before you started installing/uninstalling stuff?

3. Maximus38 thread starter macrumors member

It prints fine.....but I just want to stop the Error messages that flash up every couple of minutes

4. gsahli macrumors 6502a

gsahli

OK. Have you searched for the HPIO Trap Monitor application so you can delete it? That is the app that waits for the scan button to be pressed on the printer. Be sure to look in Library/Printers/HP and in Library/StartupItems.