Problems with Ichat

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by grooveholmes, Jul 20, 2011.

1. grooveholmes macrumors newbie

I have a Macbook Pro (mid 2010) with Lion OS. I will be leaving for several months on business and would like to video chat with the family while away. My wife has yahoo messenger video on her android tablet and has been able to video chat with others (pc users) without issues. I have been trying to get the mac yahoo messenger video to work for over a week without luck. I saw Lion OS ichat will support Yahoo, but have ben unable to connect with voice or video. The camera icon is not available next to her handle. However, we can instant message. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am out of ideas and leave in 4 days. Many thanks in advance!

2. grooveholmes thread starter macrumors newbie

Should have mentioned I have searched the previous posts related to ichat issues and have checked all the setting and video and audio are enabled. Also tried adjusting the bandwidth which did not help. The only thing recommended that I didn't try was deleting the plist files. I could not find them using finder under the location described home>user name> library, etc... I d not have a folder named library. Is this something different with Lion?

Thanks

3. grooveholmes thread starter macrumors newbie

So I was able to find the folder that contains the plist files, but there is no ichat listed. Should there be?