problems with ichat

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by stealthsniper96, Jul 29, 2007.

1. stealthsniper96 macrumors regular

first, when i try to sign onto ichat with my aim screen name it signs on for about 2 seconds andthen signs off and tells me "the connection to the server was unexpectedl lost". i tried signing on several more times and i did get on once or twice but once i was on it had all my buddies as signed off and i know that was wrong because i signed in under adium and some where on. but on a side note the only reason im trying to get ichat working is for video messaging is there a way i can do that through adium? sorry for all the questions and thanks for the answers.

2. zblaxberg Guest

zblaxberg

unfortunately i dont think adium supports video chat yet

3. pianoman macrumors 68000

pianoman

i would suggest deleting the iChat.plist file (do a Spotlight search) and starting from scratch in iChat - i.e., delete your account and just re-enter all the info (it doesn't take that long). if you're still having problems, it's likely the AIM server.

4. stealthsniper96 thread starter macrumors regular

nope pianoman still the same thing. is there nothin else i can do? what other program will let me do video chatting?