Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nekcik

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 6, 2011
Augusta, Ga.
Hi everyone. I don't post much but I read an awful lot on these forums and i have an iphone 6s plus that is jailbroken everything runs great except that my icons don't rotate when i put the phone in landscape mode. I am in standard mode not zoom mode and it works after I reset all settings but it's like after a few hours and a reboot and the icons don't rotate, however in settings or while in other apps the screen will rotate until you close the apps. Has anyone had this problem and know of a fix besides a restore and fresh jailbreak? I'm trying to figure out exactly what causes this.

The jailbreak apps/tweaks I have installed are:

Battsaver (ios 7/8/9)
F.flux
Icleaner Pro
StatusVol 2
WatchNotifications

All of them are purchased/free from bigbossrepo or from a developer's beta repo, but none are stolen from any 3rd party repo like hackulous or whatever.

Also some things to mention. I did have installed at one time Medusa (not the ipad version) but removed it due to some apps not opening and I tried to see if any left over things from that tweak might have been left behind but I can't seem to find any.

Thanks for any help or ideas!

Nekcik

jermy4

macrumors demi-god
Jun 27, 2010
I doubt this is the issue but are you sure you don't have the rotation lock on? Also, I use statusvol2 as well and I've noticed that it doesn't work very well with 9.0.2 yet ... especially when in landscape mode and playing videos.

Nekcik

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 6, 2011
Augusta, Ga.
I doubt this is the issue but are you sure you don't have the rotation lock on? Also, I use statusvol2 as well and I've noticed that it doesn't work very well with 9.0.2 yet ... especially when in landscape mode and playing videos.

Yup, I'm sure I didn't have the rotation lock on, however since this post I have fixed the issue sort of... I have restored another fresh copy of 9.02 and jailbroke my device again and everything was working great until i restored my backup and that's when I noticed it would not rotate again. not sure if a jailbreak tweak somehow corrupted my backup or if it was corrupted already from when I backed up a couple hours prior. I did however after restoring my back up did a quick "Reset all Settings" and it fixed it and I have put all my jailbreak tweaks back on with no problem as of yet.

So if anyone has this issue try this.

Reactions: 9fiftyfive
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.