Problems with Imessage and Texting

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by dragon671556, Sep 27, 2014.

1. dragon671556 macrumors member

dragon671556

I have an issue that now that I read another thread seems to have started with the IOS 8 update. I can't receive text messages from my brother who has an android phone. Now I've recently switched cell phone providers at the end of August. And I was receiving messages from him until Tuesday Sept 16th.

I've looked through my settings and noticed both my phone number and apple id email address is listed. And my imessages are coming through to others iphone users with my email address listed instead of my cell phone number. I'm not sure what's wrong with my phone.

Could it also be that I restored my 5S-CDMA phone from a back up of my 4S-that was an AT&T phone? Should I do just a fresh restore?

I didn't want to hijack the other thread on this issue as my issues might be a little be different. Thanks for the assistance.

2. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

Make sure the "send from" section in your iMessage settings is set to your number not your email address

3. dragon671556 thread starter macrumors member

dragon671556

Under Send and Receive it shows 2 addresses--when I go into that
    it says

Apple ID-my id
    You can be reached by IMEssage at
    -Phone number--that is checked
    -apple iD email-that is checked

I have been trying to remove that address and removing the check. Then as I'm typing this I touched the screen and the email is suddenly unchecked. I don't know. This phone is strange.

I'm downloading the IOS 8.2 update hoping to solve this.

4. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

I had this issue on my 5S when I upgraded to 8.0. It's a bug either in iCloud or messages.