problems with installing mac os x 10.4 on powerbook g4

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by android88, Jul 28, 2008.

1. android88 macrumors newbie

hello there. well i think my thread title says it all really.

i have recently had to remove tiger from my powerbook g4 titanium and the only disc i could find at the time was version 10.2.8. i have now found the correct disc to install tiger except everytime i put it in it gets to the installation part then says 'this software cannot be installed on this computer'

at first i thought it was because i had the wrong disc, only knowing a little bit about macs i thought it could be the intel disc but theres nothing to say it is or isnt ?

it is definitely a powerbook g4 mac os x install disc and its version 10.4.2

what can i do to get this up and running?

any help would be great. cheers

andy

2. android88 thread starter macrumors newbie

3. Sly macrumors 6502

Sly

Is the Tiger disk a full retail disk or did it come with Mac of some description, Al Powerbook?. The disks that are provided in the box with new Macs will only install on the machine type written on the disk. An Al PB is not seen as the same model type as a Ti PB.

4. android88 thread starter macrumors newbie

ah i see. i think thats where i could be going wrong, this disc was for a 12" aluminium powerbook.

so will it not work on the 15" titanium then?

i cant remember which disc i had when i put tiger onto the titanium. do you know what type of disc i need and are there any labels or signs on the discs i should be looking for, it will be round the house some where.

5. Sly macrumors 6502

Sly

The original install disk will be Jaguar. If you want to put Tiger on it you will need to locate a full retail disk (offically ;)).