Problems with iOS 4.2 update

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Tom8, Nov 23, 2010.

1. Tom8 macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Hello.

I have an iPhone 4 & when I plug it in to my laptop and download iOS 4.2 the download gets 99% complete, says 'Processing file' and then says 'Network connection timed out'

I've reinstalled iTunes and can't seem to figure out the problem.

Any advice/solutions for this?

Thanks

2. iceterminal macrumors 68000

iceterminal

So in reality, there isn't a problem with 4.2.1 update per your thread title. You have a problem "downloading" the update......

big difference between the two.

I also had slowness last night. I had to stop and restart the update process twice before it came through. Try that.

3. Tom8 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

I'm having problems upgrading my device, so there is an update problem.

I noticed the download was going slow too, so I left it until this evening, getting the -3259 error if that means anything to anyone?

4. mspaigess macrumors newbie

Processes File then timeout error.

I have this same problem. I never pay attention to my computer iTunes and I just realized there was an update available when an update for an App required iOS4.2. I've attempted to download it 4 times, and it takes about 4 hours each time. It gets to the end and goes to process the file and then an error window pops up saying it timed out with the server (or something like that.)
    I updated my iTunes like it prompted me to, I copied all my purchases over to my phone before installation like it recommended.... I think trying it 4 times is plenty. I was hoping someone who had the same problems at first could advise on how they fixed this issue. I have a PC running on Windows Vista and iTunes version 10.1.2.17