Problems with iPhone 4 Backdoor Replacment

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by johndrew, Jun 19, 2013.

1. johndrew macrumors newbie

I have replaced 3 IPHONE 4 backdoors. They come off easy but I have difficulty in replacing them. Getting them to slide back into place. I tighen the side screws snugg. I looked at the back of the battery for obstruction, but did not find any problems.

What areas should I look at to make it replace easier.

2. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

you should make sure you are getting quality replacement back panels that fit right. simply sounds like you are getting bad parts that dont line up right.

3. johndrew thread starter macrumors newbie

I found that there are a few that still have mfg burrs on them. I clasp my hands on both sides of the phone with the back in as far as it will go and with the Iphone between my knees for added side pressure, I slide the back pannel back and forth that 1/8 inch several times. It will knock off the burr and allows the back to fit properly.

4. iRepairParts macrumors regular

iRepairParts

The problem is in the quality of the parts. You should not have to put any significant amount of pressure on a part in order for it to be seated properly. Especially with the back cover; you should be able to just slide it right into place. Also make sure that you have the right model back cover for your iPhone. iPhone 4S back covers are compatible with GSM and CDMA iPhones. However, with the iPhone 4, the GSM and CDMA back covers are not compatible.