Problems with iphone 4 sold on ebay?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rhinosrcool, Jun 14, 2011.

1. rhinosrcool macrumors 65816

rhinosrcool

I just sold my iphone 4 on ebay. At present, I am still with ATT. Also, currently, I am using my 2g iPhone. In the fall, I will probably upgrade to the 4s. Is the buyer going to have a problem activating this phone? I see things concerning "Bad ESN". If they set it up as a new phone, will it work? Do I need to do anything?

2. ratzzo macrumors 6502a

ratzzo

In theory, all the buyer should be worried about is whether or not he'll be able to use it with his carrier (if it differs from AT&T).

3. Jeremy81 macrumors 6502

Bad ESN would pertain to Verizon iPhones. Assuming your iPhone 4 was an AT&T one you just need to restore it and remove your SIM card before shipping it out.

4. rhinosrcool thread starter macrumors 65816

rhinosrcool

Thanks

I restored it. But, since the restore, I used it a couple of times. Now, the sim card is in my 4 year old 2g. Without my sim card, can the buyer just restore it?

5. Jeremy81 macrumors 6502

You can reset it from the iPhone itself by going to Settings/General/Reset/Erase All Content & Settings. It's not a good idea to ship without wiping it as it is connected to your iTunes account and could have your personal info on it.

6. rhinosrcool thread starter macrumors 65816

rhinosrcool

Yeah, I erased everything (I think). Just to be safe, I'm going to change my itunes info. Thanks, a lot.