Problems with iPhone 6

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by lmrapp, Dec 10, 2014.

1. lmrapp macrumors newbie

Newbie - apologies.

I have an iPhone 6 running 8.1.1 and a MacBook Pro 15" Retina running Yosemite 10.10.1

The iPhone 6 has a setting called "Hotspot". I turn that on but my MacBook Pro would not connect to it. Well, it said it had connected but I could not browse the internet nor get my email (from Futurequest in Florida).

This happened in Concord, NH at a hotel where they were having problems with the WI-FI. I thought I could get my mail via the hotspot, but no joy.

Anybody have any ideas? I'm currently back home, some 3 hours north of Concord, NH.

2. marlon bishop macrumors member

you wrote this in the wrong section my friend

3. gngan macrumors 68000

gngan

When your mac is connected to your iphone 6's hotspot, does your iphone 6's screen has a blue bar at the top? It should have it.

4. nobodyjustwalks macrumors regular

You need to have tethering as part of your mobile phone plan for the Hotspot feature to work.

5. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 603

This

Spot on mate thats the answer.

6. lmrapp thread starter macrumors newbie

Actually, I have Verizon as my provider. It IS part of my plan. I should tell you folks that my computer can connect to the hotspot. My iPhone says the computer is connected, but I can't browse the internet. Someone else told me to look at the connection thing at the top of the phone. He said it must say 4G or else you can connect but not browse. I don't recall if it did, but I will be there next week again so I can try it. I know the connection was not very strong - just two bars. The connection might have been 1x or similar - apparently that allows phone calls, but no browsing.