Problems with iphone remote

mitler

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 7, 2009
Someone in my house have made their iphone as remote for my itunes by using the wifi, and it's really pissing me off:mad:. Is it possible to block this iphone or something from my mac?

mitler

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 7, 2009
Nope, didn't have it, but I think he uses the app remote and I don't know ho to disable it from my mac.

stayupforever99

macrumors newbie
Apr 2, 2009
I think the solution to your issue is to disable the Bonjour service as this is how the remote app talks to itunes.

1 Go to Utilities

2 Open terminal

3 Then enter the code here

sudo launchctl unload -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.mDNSResponder.plist

now the remote app will not be able to see your itunes, this will also disable other computers on you network seeing you so easily

4: At some point you may want to turn this back on for file sharing or some other reason so you would enter this in to terminal

sudo launchctl load -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.mDNSResponder.plist

5: If you are using windows have a look at this link

ttp://www.raymond.cc/blog/archives/2008/02/10/how-to-uninstall-or-remove-bonjour-mdnsresponderexe/

Hope this helps

mitler

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 7, 2009
well, it the first commando worked (sudo launchctl unload -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.mDNSResponder.plist
) but the other one didn't...

Some help?

stayupforever99

macrumors newbie
Apr 2, 2009
Sorry don't understand what do you mean the second command did not work? Did you get an error message or did the service fail to reload?

Try this

launchctl load /path/to/relocated/com.apple.mDNSResponder.plist

mitler

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 7, 2009
The commando said it was loaded but i didnt find the itunes with my ipod, but im gonna try some more times first.

samh

macrumors 6502
Oct 29, 2009
The commando said it was loaded but i didnt find the itunes with my ipod, but im gonna try some more times first.
iTunes -> Preferences, Devices tab. At the bottom you can disable the remote function or forget the pairings of all remotes previously authorized.