problems with iPhone4 and itunes 9.2 windows

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Natesac, Jun 30, 2010.

1. Natesac macrumors 6502a

Natesac

is anyone else having an issue with syncing iPhone4 to windows itunes 9.2?

it was working fine up until this morning.

when I connect iphone it goes through some of the normal steps (also at the start of the sync iTunes says "verifying Nathan's iPhone) but then a pop up comes up that says "adding files" at he top. in the box it says Processing: then a long string of numbers .m4a

the only thing I can think of is it is hanging on a voice memo that I recorded last night.

it locks up iTunes and the phone keeps "syncing". i have to cancel the sync, itunes remains frozen and I have to kill it though task manager.

I have tried deleting the voice memo from the phone. No change. had to kill it again through task manager.

iPad synced fine.

Rebooted the iPhone4 synced just fine.

apple, fix this bug.

2. Slip Jigs macrumors 6502a

Syncing issues happen all the time across various platforms and devices.

A single occurrence for you doesn't constitute a bug, unless you can reproduce it consistently. And even then, it could be an OS issue.

3. Natesac thread starter macrumors 6502a

Natesac

Fair enough. I will report if this issue happens again.

But. This is the 5th time I have had to solve an issue by rebooting the phone. With double the memory one would think the need to reboot would be much less. But I find myself having to reboot the iPhone 4 much more often than I did the 3GS. But other than these small issues I love this phone.

4. Slip Jigs macrumors 6502a

Well, that's not normal. How are you set up for syncing - is it set to sync when connected, manually managing music, etc?

I would turn off auto sync, unchecked all sync options in all tabs, make sure it's all backed up, then restore as new phone.

Then, sync the content in each tab, one by one. (don' uncheck the previous tab, just keep adding) That way if you see a problem, it will narrow down the source.

If it all works good, you should be good to go. If not, you can try some iTunes troubleshooting, such resetting sync data, or reinstalling.