Problems with iPhoto in lion

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by GreenApple29, Jun 13, 2012.

1. GreenApple29 macrumors regular

GreenApple29

Hello to all here
    I'm experiencing a quite annoying issue with my system
    I had to clean install lion on my new sad
    Didn't have a time machine backup preferred to manually get everything back this time
    So I installed iLife, which by the way it was working perfectly before
    So when I tried to open iPhoto I got a message saying that in order to open iPhoto I had to run software update
    Which I have done but there aren't any new updates!!
    So iPhoto doesn't start!!
    Any ideas?? It will definitely help guys cos I don't have a clue why this is happening
    Thanks!

2. Chodarth macrumors newbie

The iPhoto update is accessed through The Mac App Store not software update.

3. oysteins macrumors newbie

Hi - I did just that. But iPhoto is becoming an annoying time thief. Endless waiting and updating thumbnails and what you got. Going in and out of active mode. It used to be a favorite but now it is more a pain, an unreliable pain.

4. GreenApple29 thread starter macrumors regular

GreenApple29

what do you mean??a couple of weeks back i dida clean install and installed iphoto.run software update from the apple menu and everything seemed to work fine then..
    has something changed the last couple of day that i am not aware of?

5. spin2009, Jun 17, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2012

spin2009 macrumors newbie

Similar problems on iMac. Ran latest iPhoto update and it fails to open. Seems that this is a random fault caused by the "big" update last week so not all users are affected.

6. blatopilot, Jun 17, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2012

blatopilot macrumors regular

This is true if you purchased through the app store I believe. I know my iphoto updates come through software update. I migrated to my new MBP and have never purchased it through the app store.

----------

Check the Mac app store. Make sure you are signed in and click the updates tag. Your update may be there.

You can try the combo update. This would have been best to use right after you reinstalled, but it fixed some problems I had.

http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1524

One last link for reference:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2638