Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

emjaycee18

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 14, 2010
I'm currently running iPhoto 09, and I'm using a shared library with my wife. We recently bought a new camera, and most, but not all, of the photos are only viewable on the user account that uploaded the photos. If I upload photos to iPhoto, my wife will see all of the thumbnails in iPhoto, but when the photo is viewed fullscreen, it just goes blank. Same goes for me when the photos are uploaded on her account. These photos also won't sync with my iPhone as well. The location of the library is in Mac HD/Users/Shared so that really shouldn't matter.

Does anyone have any suggestions other than just upgrading to iPhoto '11

Thanks

jrf2012

macrumors newbie
Oct 27, 2011
Sydney
Iphotos Blank

Hi I accidentally deleted my photos from the pictures file I restored them via time machine. But now in iPhoto 11 the pictures only appear if you click on them. When you are looking at them in events they are blank. I don't know how to restore them can anyone help?

It's not all the photos either only some in different events no pattern to it.

Last edited:

dermo

macrumors newbie
Mar 1, 2008
Ireland
iPhoto and thumbnails

Hi

I have been using my Kodak Z740 digital camera with iPhoto for last few years and now I have a problem for the first time.
When I sync Mac with camera dock, I can only see blank thumbnails in iPhoto, and when I try to continue the import, I get a message telling me it is an unknown format? They are all JPGs , so should not be a problem.
Any ideas?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.