Problems with iTunes "support" - anyone?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by gwsmith, Nov 28, 2013.

1. gwsmith macrumors member

I've had a lot of problems over the years with iTunes bugs, double charges, not recognizing a previous purchase and charging me to download it, etc. Most commonly, iTunes charges me again for things I've already bought. (Yes, I'm logging in with only one ID).

And the support options are just terrible. For one thing, iTunes store support is available only via email. Often it's 24 hours or more before I get a response, and then 50%-60% of the responses are boilerplate and not to the point, indicating the responder has not read my original email.

Once I do get a reply pertinent to my request - which usually takes 2-3 emails - I usually don't get a refund because it is the store 'policy not to issue refunds.' Even though charge is clearly due to an iTunes error!

I'm really frustrated with this abysmal customer service. I'm sure I'm not alone in this, but I cannot find a single thread on this when I google it. Definitely not on Apple forums. So I suppose Apple is finding a way to quash the complaints, but there must be others - many others - who are similarly disgruntled at this.

I'd like to hear from you - have you had similar experiences? Have you have found a way to get decent customer service from the iTunes store? Been able to actually contact a live, reasonable person instead of a policy-quoting email bot?

Thanks in advance.

2. iDuel macrumors 6502a

iDuel

Since iTunes was of no help for the double charges, you could always dispute them with your CC and they will try to sort it out with Apple.

I've never had to contact iTunes support, so I can't offer any more than that, sorry :eek:.