Problems with iTunes, was unable to contact Apple due to their ****** website

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Ramius, Jul 5, 2009.

1. Ramius macrumors 6502

This is the problem I'm having with iTunes:
    It skips like an old vinylplayer. This occurs when I use other programs on my computer, like internetbrowsing, and especially when I scroll with my mouse-scroller. Scrolling on websites ruins the whole song. It's pretty awkward to listen to. But also while doing things as opening new windows, closing them etc.

This problem started happening with the most recent versions of iTunes. Like 8.1 and 8.2. I've been using iTunes on this very same computer with Windows for years and years, same hardware, nothing's changed at all. So it's very likely that something is wrong with iTunes here. Has anyone had the same problem?

I wanted to contact Apple about it, and tell them to fix it, but after 15 minutes of searching their website, I gave up trying to find an email adress. What a crappy website they have.

2. JNB macrumors 604

JNB

Attached Files:

3. Ramius thread starter macrumors 6502

If I lived in either the US and A or Canada, that would help yes. But I don't. I want to do one simple thing. And Apple who's all about simplicity has really made this hard. The simple thing is: 1. Send an e-mail to Apple about the problem. 2. Get a response.

I don't believe theres any other solution to this than Apple fixing a bug in the iTunes code. So I simply want to make them aware of it.

4. ergdegdeg Moderator emeritus

ergdegdeg

Well, choose the country you live in at the very bottom of the start page.

Then, at the very bottom click on "contact". There should be a customer service e-mail-address at the right side.

5. JNB macrumors 604

JNB

There's nothing in your location, profile, or post that would have clued me in on that, else I wouldn't have suggested it. ;)

As far as simply submitting feedback: http://www.apple.com/feedback/itunesapp.html

Don't expect an answer, though, and that's not an Apple thing, that's standard among large corporations anywhere.

6. Shuttleworth macrumors regular

Why not pick up the phone and call them on their free telephone number, they might be able to point you in the right direction. We used to have to use the phone for all sorts of things like this before computers;)

7. plinden macrumors 68040

plinden

I know this isn't the question you asked, but although you say nothing changed on your PC, it's possible something has unknown to you.

Try removing iTunes and reinstalling an older version, e.g. version 7.7.1 (http://www.oldapps.com/itunes.php). See if the problem persists. If it works fine then it is indeed a problem with iTunes. If not, you need to dig deep into your set up to see what's happening (check Task Manager when skipping happens ... is there any process suddenly jumping to the top of the CPU or RAM usage list?)

But really, nothing you say or report to Apple is going to make any difference unless there is a significant number of people with the same problem.