Problems with JB iPhone 3G with SIM and W'app

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iRobin, Dec 11, 2013.

1. iRobin macrumors newbie

Hello people, good day.

I have a problem:
    I got this iPhone 3G from my uncle, because he didn't wanted it anymore because he couldnt install whatsapp anymore. So he gave it to me. I JailBreaked the iPhone with succes. I've installed whatsapp, but - this is were goes wrong - when i am in whatsapp", i have to verify my number. When i filled in my phone number it brings me to the next screen and it says: 'Sorry, but this version of whatsapp is too old. Udate it in App Store' or something.

When i go to the app store and try to install it, it wont do anything at all. Not even tell me something that a problem had occured or something.

When i took a look at my network status, i saw that it was searching all the time. Is this the troublemaker for whatsapp? and how can i solve these problems?

This problem also added up:
    Every time i try to open a app, it closes automaticly, no matter what app i use

Plz comment, and if you need more info, just ask. I really need help

2. jjusmo macrumors regular

What iOS are you on? I saw a tweet by whatsapp saying that there is a bug or something that wa currently won't work on iOS4 and iOS5 and they are working on a update ASAP to fix that issue.

3. iRobin thread starter macrumors newbie

to be honest, i have no idea. Only thing i know is that i have whited00r 6, i dont know if that also meand iOS 6. where can i find that?

4. CEmajr macrumors 601

Most likely you're on iOS 4.2.1. That's the highest version that the 3G can go up to.

5. iRobin thread starter macrumors newbie

Thats possible, but is it possible to upgrade that to 5.1 or 6.1?

6. Spectrum Abuser macrumors 65816

Spectrum Abuser

Not on an iPhone 3G. Apple discontinued software support for that device in November of 2010 with the release of 4.2.1.