Problems with Juice Pack & iPhone 3G

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by indigoartemis, Jan 6, 2009.

1. indigoartemis macrumors newbie

I'm wondering if I'm the only one who is having this problem. I have a 16Gb iPhone 3G and a 3G Mophie Juice Pack.

Since getting the juice pack the following have occurred:

Juice Pack didn't initiate a charge, even fully charged, with the phone unless it plugged into a power source for a few seconds while connected to the phone.

iPhone stopped being able to send SMS messages.

Replaced iPhone and Juice Pack.

Now, after using the Juice Pack I cannot place or receive calls and am getting another replacement iPhone.

It's likely the two aren't related but it's starting to become too much of a coincidence that my phone craps out after using the JP. Worked fine for several months until I got it.

2. dekerna macrumors newbie

The Juice Pack is not juicy at all.

You are right. My problem is worst. It only charged my Iphone 3G for few hours and then dead. It never charged my iPhone again. The unit still has power as you can tell from the indicator. It simply refused to charge any iPhone 3G. The support is as bad as its product quality. Never never never buy Juice Pack products. You will regret!

3. mantonaccio macrumors newbie

On my 3rd Juice Pack

Tons of problems... something Mophie calls "chirping" where the phone goes into charge mode, then immediately dosen't detect the battery... really frustrating. Sometimes it charges, sometimes it doesn't. If this one doesn't work properly, I'm going to demand my money back from Mophie.

4. delta313 macrumors newbie

bad batch

I think the problem comes from the fact that the lights in the back displays incorrect battery charge. You might think looking at the lights that it has full charge while in fact its almost depleted. So the mophie can go from 3-4 lights to 0 lights and die in a matter of minutes.

If you plug it back in for a few seconds into a wall charger, all 4 ligths will turn on again right away making you think it was fully charged from the begining but it fact the battery was almost completely depleted.

If you insert your phone again to charge it, the juice pack will die in about 1/2 hour of charging the iphone obviously.

I already returned 2 mophie juice pack that had the exact same behavior.

I got the replacement, and it too has strange behavior, but this time I tried charging it fully, then used it for a few minutes, than charged it some more until I was convinced its really fully charged using common sense and not taking into account the battery lights.

That way I got my mophie working for a good 5 hours before needing another recharge. I don't know if it will last, but I am getting tired of sending the unit back to the supplier so this time I will try this trick to see if I can live with it. If not, I will ask for a refund.