Problems with Leopard and Vuze (Azureus)

Discussion in 'macOS' started by mohogany, Sep 26, 2008.

1. mohogany macrumors newbie

*Mac OS X 10.5.5 Leopard
    *Java 1.5.0_13
    *Vuze 3.1.1.0
    *Mac OS X is my software firewall
    *Time Warner Roadrunner ISP
    *No router, just cable modem
    *No wireless connection

I'm going crazy trying to figure out why the NAT symbol on the bottom of my Vuze screen is red and "Firewalled". I've ran the NAT/Firewall Test, everything looks good. I've looked at my network setting to check for open ports, and I can see the TCP and UDP ports. I've also allowed access to Vuze as well as Java in my Firewall settings. I could download and upload torrents but can't seem to get green smilies. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

2. Denarius macrumors 6502a

Denarius

Have you got UPnP turned on in the Vuze settings and in your router?

Other than that, have you tried Transmission? I find it to be a way slicker product.

3. MacUser2525 macrumors 68000

MacUser2525

Perhaps your ISP is screwing with your connection and I would go to http://www.grc.com and use the Shields Up tool to make sure the port you think is open actually is.

4. mohogany thread starter macrumors newbie

I actually don't have a router. I'm directly connected to my cable modem. The TCP/UDP port is in fact open.

5. MacUser2525 macrumors 68000

MacUser2525

Did you verify this from outside as I suggested or only on your machine? Your machine can tell you it is open all it wants its the outside world that matters here.

6. mohogany thread starter macrumors newbie

I checked if my port is open using www.canyouseeme.org. According to the site, the TCP/UDP port is open.

7. MacUser2525 macrumors 68000

MacUser2525

Alright I thought you were thinking it was open because of what the machine is showing. I'll go with the ISP screwing with it then just like mine is right now as we post. In my case in about an hour or so it will be back to normal until they maybe do it tomorrow, sometimes its days/weeks in between then it will go days at a time again doing it. As I understand it if your ISP is using the reset packets instead of traffic shaping like mine then you will never get a fully established connection this will give you the red warning you see.

8. shellshocked macrumors newbie

Do you have at least one running torrent with "incoming connection" checked as a peer source? If not, that might help

(Right click: advanced/peer sources/incoming connection)