Problems with Logitech VX Revolution Mouse

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Sgt.Pepper, Jan 21, 2009.

1. Sgt.Pepper macrumors member

The following is rather convoluted but I don't know how to explain my rather odd problem adequately in a simpler way.

So I chose this mouse largely because it have the programable buttons, and I programed the two buttons on the side by my thumb to be the command button, so I can therefore open things in a new tab when surfing the wet without having to have a hand on the key board the whole time.

Here's where the problem arises.
    It has the ability to program to keys to the one button. i.e. command and s (with this combo you can quickly save things).
    I don't want the second button programed, so I left it blank, but now whenever I click the button the whole page I'm viewing gets highlighted for some reason. If I click the link I wanted, it opens in a new tab, no hassle. The the original tab is highlighted blue, and I then have to a regular mouse click to get rid of it.

Now I know it's not much to do a regular mouse click, but I shouldn't have to. Also it's distracting having the whole page turn blue every-time.

Please help and try to shed light on my problem.
    Thanks in advance.:)

2. PSS55 macrumors newbie

Another similar query

I'm afraid this is not an answer but, rather, a similar question. I would like to set the thumb buttons to move to the next page and the previous page in Safari or Firefox. For that I should type Command [ and Cmd ]. But I can't get the Logitech center to accept the [ which you obtain on a Mac using ( and caps.

Has anyone dealt with this?

3. striatedglutes macrumors 6502

Open things as in click a link and open it in a new tab? Or open a new (blank) tab with the mouse? You can natively open things in new tabs by pressing the scroll wheel button (entire wheel clicks into the mouse, no scroll) on the link. And the command to open a new tab would be command+t. I use an mx1000 and middle click to open new links all the time. I have the app switch button bound to command+w to close tabs.

What keyboad layout are you using? A [ on a standard US keyboard does not have any shift, and is next to the 'p' key. The ] is to the right of the [.

4. PSS55 macrumors newbie

What keyboad layout are you using? A [ on a standard US keyboard does not have any shift, and is next to the 'p' key. The ] is to the right of the [.[/QUOTE]

Actually, I am using a French keyboard where [ can only be obtained by using three keys, including command and shift.

5. MacUser2525 macrumors 68000

MacUser2525

Yes only it is CMD <- (left arrow key) and CMD -> (right arrow key) I use for this idea, you may want to try the same.

6. PauloAz macrumors newbie

programing buttons

Hello all;
    Although i have programed the buttons of my new vx revolution, it keeps failing to assume the google search in the 'one-touch search button'.
    Any ideas?

7. MacUser2525 macrumors 68000

MacUser2525

One make sure to have set it both globally and in the specific application you want the search enabled.