Problems with mac messenger 7/8 and even adium

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by liin, Apr 7, 2010.

1. liin macrumors newbie

Apr 7, 2010
    ii used mac messenger 7 first . my default msn name is "Wong" . ii changed it . but when ii log off and sign in again, some time later, my name would revert back to Wong . and this continues .

and so ii changed to Adium . but the same problem occurs . moreover, ii thought ii couldnt adapt to the new structure of Adium .
    so ii changed to mac messenger 8 .

but then again, the same problem happens yet again: ii changed my name but when ii sign out and sign in again, it will become the default name again .
    AND to add on to this irritating problem, when ii use mac messenger 8, ii cant change my display picture . no matter how ii try, the picture ii chose doesnt even appear in the list of default pictures . it's lik ii was choosing nothing .

anybody .. help ? :(
  2. nadyne macrumors 6502a

Jan 25, 2004
    Mountain View, CA USA
    As the release notes for the Messenger:Mac 8 beta say, it's a known issue that you cannot change your display picture with it.

3. liin thread starter macrumors newbie

Apr 7, 2010
  4. Middling macrumors regular

Jan 25, 2009
    Microsoft made changes to their servers a couple of months ago that causes the name problems.

If you're using a account so you can use your email address as your IM address you can log into and change the default name there.

I assume you can do something similar if you're using or addresses but i've no experience with them so can't say for sure.