Problems with Mail and AT&T Yahoo and 10.5.3

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by thebrink, Jun 6, 2008.

1. thebrink macrumors newbie

A few months ago I ordered DSL service from AT&T. I also had, and continue to have, my original ISP that I used for my domain mail. When I wanted to send an email through my original ISP, there was no problem switching servers, most of the time. But since I've done the upgrade to 10.5.3, Mail no longer sends email through my original server with my domain name, instead it says "that" server is "offline," while the AT&T Yahoo server is still available.

The 10.5.3 upgrade could be just a coincidence but things were working before that. Now, when I open Mail, it shows both servers "online." Try to send a message via my domain name and I get the spinning wheel, which goes for several minutes while it tries to connect, then the drop-down menu appears saying the server is not available. I've tried changing the port to 587, 995, and nothing happens (any other ports?).

Right now I'm using web mail to get my domain mail. Is there a work-around to this? How do I connect to my original ISP or is AT&T Yahoo going to block that and force all messages through its server - which won't accept my domain name?

Mac Mini - 1.83 GHz

2. thebrink thread starter macrumors newbie

Just an update: Problem was solved by AT&T Yahoo. As was explained to me, a new security update prevented me from sending email but they had me change preferences and Ports in Mail and now everything's working again.