Problems with Mail

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by NStocks, Nov 9, 2008.

1. NStocks macrumors 65816

I set my Mail account up with googlemail, and eventually the mail from the server loaded into Mac Mail. But all my mail is put in to one folder, and the Inbox in Mac Mail is empty, but I wanted to have my googlemail Inbox in that folder, how do I do this ?

Also, I have Mail open now, but every time I click on the Icon in the Dock, only the task bar shows Mail, the actual window is nowhere to be seen, this is the second time that this has happened. Is there other way I can quit mail, as Right clicking doesn't work neither does command X.

NStocks

2. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5F136 Safari/525.20)

I have had a similar issue lately and I think the issue is somthing server side with gmail. For the year that I used Gmail it worked fine with new messages moved to my inbox, but for at least the last month it doesn't go to the inbox, it stays in a folder called "all mail" or something like that. I can't figure out what I changed if I changed anything.

As for your second issue I have this problem too, the best thing to do would be to send a bug report to Apple (I use spaces, so I've been attributing it to that, but I you have the same issue independent of spaces then it's just an issue with mail.) and then just quit/force quit mail and then open it back up.

3. NStocks thread starter macrumors 65816

I have force quitted it ( I was actually just reading this in the Manual haha ). Now it seems to be ok I logged into my googlemail account in Safari and sent myself a email, 2 seconds later Mail have the '1' on its dock icon. My Inbox now contains all the relevant mail. Strange.

NStocks