Problems with manual mode on itunes 10. .....

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MissM82, Jun 30, 2011.

1. MissM82 macrumors newbie

Hi all,

I've spend hours and hours trying to figure this out & wondering if someone can help!! I am having issues with itunes and manually transfering music from itunes to iphone. I am trying to transfer music from another pc (not the one my iphone is synced with) and it wont allow me to do it manually it keeps wanting to erase and sync even when I click on the manual option under summary!!! Its itunes version is 10.1.2. I know I used to be able to do it :mad:

Any help or advice would be much appreciated and maybe stop me from going insane!! :) xx

2. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

You can't do what you're trying to do. Only the computer you sync with can transfer ANY music in ANY way.

The only suggestion I have is to make sure the PC your using is one of your 5 authorized computers to use. Even then I don't think it'll work.

You're SOL my friend.

3. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

I don't think iPods have had this function in a while, and as far as I know, iPhones never have. Just grab and external drive and go crazy.

4. MissM82 thread starter macrumors newbie

That will explain it all :) Thank you both for your help. I can stop searching for an answer now haha. x