Problems with Mavericks HELP please

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by Konrad., Oct 23, 2013.

1. Konrad. macrumors newbie

So today I wanted to do a clean install of mavericks on my MBPr, in guide from macworld they said there will be an option to choose a clean drive.. When I started to install there wasn't that option, but I thought maybe it will pop up latter but it did not..

So now I have mavericks and in one of the threads on macrumors I saw someone used cleanmymac to delete unuseful files and all was good. So I did the same and after almost all icons were lost from launchpad and my MBPr started to heat like I would be playing a game or so, even now while I am typing this it makes the noise like I would play a game and heats..

2. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

There is no check box or anything that will clean or erase the drive for you. You need to use Disk Utility to do that. Now with Clean My Mac you have likely deleted something that broke your Mavs install. I would suggest you start over. This will of course erase all your data.

Command-r boot to recovery and start Disk Utility. Select Macintosh HD and click erase to wipe the install. Then quit Disk Util and click reinstall OS. That will get you a disk with nothing but an install of Mavs on it.

3. adonis3k macrumors 6502