Problems with MBP, 15-inch early 2008

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by cepierso, May 12, 2011.

1. cepierso macrumors newbie

I'm reaching the end of my rope here:

I received a 15" MacBook Pro in June of 2008, sans AppleCare, and it worked wonderfully for about a year and a half. Since then, it's been giving me all sorts of problems: random freezing, computer failing to recognize webcam, complete distortion of display, etc.

In the last twelve months, the following parts have been replaced:
    • the logicboard
    • the RAM
    • the battery (twice)
    • the display

I'm growing increasingly frustrated as I feel I'm visiting the Apple store every four to six months because something's gone wrong. I realize that at this point, my laptop is three years old, but I feel as if it's been overly buggy for those three years. I'm a student who can't afford to have this laptop die on me, let alone afford a brand new one.

I'm looking for suggestions on what else the problem might be, or if there's any way I can convince Apple (or another third-party group) to replace this computer with one that actually works.

Thanks for any and all help!

2. xxBURT0Nxx macrumors 68020

xxBURT0Nxx

you paid to have the logic board replaced? If not and apple replaced it for free keep bugging them, they are likely to give you a new machine if you show them that it continuously has problems even after being repaired multiple times.