Problems with MBP battery

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MagicBoy, Apr 10, 2007.

1. MagicBoy macrumors 68040

MagicBoy

My MBP is just out of warranty (29th March) and had the logic board replaced two weeks ago at the local apple store due to buzzing/whining when bluetooth was enabled.

The battery took a sudden drop in capacity on Friday from around 5200Mah to 3300Mah according to coconutBattery. This is the second battery after the original was replaced in August under the recall after a similar problem. It's got approx 130 cycles on it. Calibration hasn't helped.

Are Apple likely to entertain replacing the battery again considering it was only in a couple of weeks ago and the battery is 6 months old???

2. johnee macrumors 6502a

johnee

the more i hear about these batteries, the more i'm not sure i want a mbp :confused: :confused:

3. dornoforpyros macrumors 68040

dornoforpyros

Yes they seem to have a shelf life of about 4-6 months, which is crap IMO. I'm getting my MBP back today, and if I can look forward to replacing the battery every 6 months I am not gonna be happy.

Hopefully apple will get this sorted.

Call them up and make a fuss, just say "my first battery died after 6 months and this one is doing the same, I don't care that I'm outside my warranty, there is no excuse for this. You know these batteries should last longer than 6 months"