Problems with Microsoft Messenger

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by griswold, Jun 13, 2007.

1. griswold macrumors newbie

Hey guys, I have just recently started experiencing a problem with Microsoft Messenger. When I open more than one chat window, or sometimes even when I close a chat window, MSN just suddenly closes and gives me an error message which reads:

"Microsoft Messenger has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

I have been using Microsoft Messenger for some time now, and this never happened until I installed the beta version of Safari 3. These might not be related, but can you give me any advice?

PS: I am not a big Adium X fan, unfortunately. Especially since they stopped distributing Metal Adium. Please help!

2. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

Have you tried the new Adium though...I know you said you didn't like it, but it really is awesome after a little adjustment. Here are my add-ons just in case :)

Dock icon
    Contact list style

3. Mac-Addict macrumors 65816

Mac-Addict

Yes I have been having this problem as well as many others, so I switched to Adium. Its definitely a problem to do with Safari 3.

4. drake macrumors 6502a

drake

Was just about to make my own post. Same problem, and started right after installing the Safari beta.

5. tombarnes macrumors 6502

tombarnes

I've been having these problems with MSn messenger for mac since installing safari. So i used adium for the first time. IT ROCKS!!!! I didn't like it at first, but now i love it! Plus, it is VERY customisable!

Try it!