Problems with Motorola H3 and iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by NemoMac, Jan 18, 2008.

1. NemoMac macrumors member

I was wondering if anyone is using the Motorola H3 Bluetooth Headset with their iPhone. It's a slick looking item and had a good CNET rating, so I ordered one and received it today.

http://reviews.cnet.com/headsets/motorola-h3-bluetooth-headset/4505-13831_7-31849154.html

I was able to successfully pair the headset with my iPhone, but when I make phone calls the other end can't hear me talking. I know the mic works, because I paired the headset to my MacBook and was able to use Amadeus to make a test recording that I then played back for myself on the headset.

Anyways, I am wondering if this is a 1.1.3 issue or if the headset just isn't compatible with the iPhone. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!

2. Macsician macrumors newbie

H3 & iPhone

I, too, have had problems with the Motorola H3 and the iPhone. I used an H3 with my previous phone (Palm Treo) and it worked wonderfully, so when I got my iPhone, I figured it would work the same. When I paired the headset and the phone everything went well, but when I make calls, the people on the other end of the phone say that there is so much static they can't even hear me. I hate not being able to use my bluetooth headset. Have you figured out a solution to your problem?