Problems with my 2008 Macbook Pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by samo1215, Jun 20, 2009.

1. samo1215 macrumors member

I purchased my macbook pro last summer before the switch to the new unibody models. Everything was working great but recently I have been having some problems in bootcamp on my WinXP partition.

In particular video appears to be stuttering and playing out of sync with my audio. Also, my power management setup seems to be all out of wack. I can't get the machine to sleep on its own. I have to manually turn it off or put in in standby mode. I know there was an issue with the Nvidia 8600m cards but my symptoms appear to be different so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

2. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

Power Management:

The only thing you really can do is rest SMC by removing the battery and disconnecting everything from the MacBook Pro, press and hold the power button for 5 seconds.

Other problem:

Did you install the drivers from install disc for YOUR MacBook Pro? You might want to consider other applications that might be affecting playback.

3. samo1215 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the help. I did install the drivers off the CD. I have been considering installing some drivers from the nvidia website or http://laptopvideo2go.com/ but wasn't sure which to go for and if it would be an improvement.

As far as other apps running, I just have outlook, avg anti-virus and of course firefox which I am trying to use to watch youtube videos.

4. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

Using drivers other than Apple can be 50/50. Sometimes they work better, others it gets bad. But since you're having problems, it wouldn't hurt to install drivers from nVidia.