Problems with my imac

Discussion in 'iMac' started by kiliamelia, Oct 15, 2013.

1. kiliamelia macrumors newbie

Hi everybody! I've just arrived here! And i beg for some help please!

First, sorry for my english I've jus started my lessons!

That's the question: I have an iMac with this specs.

iMac
    Intel core 2 Duo
    2,8 GHz
    1 processor
    2 cores
    Memory 4 Gb
    bus speed 1,07 GHz

ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro
    VRAM (total): 256 MB

I need to make some videos with After Effects, photoshop and illustrator and my computer goes too slow...

May I can update memory or something like this? buy a new computer? any idea will be wellcome! and thank you!

2. tomnavratil macrumors 6502a

tomnavratil

Assuming you have Early-2008 iMac, you can upgrade your memory to 6GB, I think that's what OWC tested.

Also, you can upgrade a disk to SSD, which you can find tutorials how to do online or on this forum.

This should give you a boost however serious editing After Effects or comprehensive work in Photoshop will still take quite noticeable time.

3. kiliamelia thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you! I'll try to upgrade it! and give another try! but i'm affraid i'm going to save some money! XD

Thank you very much! so fast reply!

4. tomnavratil macrumors 6502a

tomnavratil

No problem at all. Search the forum for a guide and probably YT for video for the SSD, it shouldn't be too hard.

Not sure what size you might be going for but you will see a massive difference between a current HDD and an SSD.

5. Sanatogen macrumors member

Sanatogen

I suggest more memory, another graphics card and an external harddrive for all that hard work to be backed-up to. It doesn't take a genius to understand the importance of having your precious work saved in several locations.