Problems with my iPad 2

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by jimmievanlord, Apr 10, 2013.

1. jimmievanlord macrumors newbie

So here's the symptoms that suddenly crept up followed by the steps I've taken to try and fix the issues.

First, I have a 16 Gig version, WiFi only, purchased around April of 2012.

I use several apps regularly:

Facebook
    Email
    Games that are connected to Facebook
    Safari and 2 other Web Browsers

I have other Apps, but don't use them regularly.

Yesterday, I started to have problems which appeared to be a connectivity issue.

I was connecting to Facebook, but not all of the data was making its way through. The first thing I noticed was that video's were not playing.

I then went to go on the web through my browser's and was unable to get through.

***I reset my router***

This helped me to connect to the web...but Facebook was still having issues.

My games that are linked to FB were also NOT connecting, thus not working.

I checked and had very little memory available, so I started to delete some items to free up space.

I now have about 3.5 Gigs of Free Space which should be enough to run the apps.

This didn't work, so I tried resetting the Network on the iPad

Again no luck

I tried resetting all settings

Again no luck

Oh, I have completely turned the iPad off and back on a few times...again no luck.

I then deleted Facebook and now as I try to re-install, I can't get to the App Store.

So anyone out there have any ideas on what I can try to do...is there a way to go back to Factory settings and just re-download the apps as if it were Day 1?

2. Aspasia macrumors 65816

Halfway between the Equator and North Pole
    Have you tried doing a hard reset? That is, press and hold the sleep/wake and the home buttons at the same time, and keep holding them down until the Apple logo appears. That will take maybe ten seconds or more.

That seems to fix my iPad 2 when it starts getting a bit wonky.

3. RadDave macrumors regular

RadDave

Agree - I've been on the iPadForums for nearly 2 years, and that is often my advice - in fact quoted below is a list of initial procedures to perform if an app(s) and/or the iPad seems to be 'misbehaving' - let us know your results! :)

4. jimmievanlord thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks!!!

Thanks for the tips.

I actually did a hard reset a few times.

I had shut down all the apps and returned everything to where nothign was running, before doing the hard reset.

I booted back up, still issues.

So I set it down and walked away...anger management ;-)

Went back to my wifi router and service provider router and rebooted both.

Then again, walked away for a bit.

When I returned, everything was working, so now I am back, live and working to re-load the apps that actually use.

Ultimately, I think the issue was with my providers router.

Thanks for the help, I'll keep this site in mind as I run across any other wonky issues.