Problems with my iPad G1 since ios 5 are endless

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by tozol, Oct 19, 2011.

1. tozol macrumors member

OK guys, well what can I say my problems with the iOS 5 since Monday are endless, so much so, I have gone from ecstatic excitement to , well pretty much wish I had never seen the thing.

So up to last night I have the following...
    USB extension now does not work with charging of iPad, with official cable and charger.(has done since day 1 purchase).

New messenger service is a mess, I have conversations, that then halfway through just grey out the send button, oh and the fix that sometimes works is laughable, put a photo into the message, send lights up, delete photo and your good to go.
    Oh and have terrible trouble actually getting messages started or even recieved.

iTunes music player, some of my synced albums just don't play, and they play fine in iTunes, and I have tried both wireless and wired syncing a number of times.
    Also music player sometimes just stays silent.

And final straw last night, terrible keyboard lag in email rendered a 3 line email taking over 15 minutes, and that was after 3 major reboots, of which by the way I have had done probably 5 times in its life.

Oh and one last one, battery life is considerably shorter than before ios5.

So guys I'm not only dissapointed immensely but can't wait for the inevitable fix that will be coming shortly judging by the official forums.

What's your guys experience so far.?

2. jdl30 macrumors newbie

I'm facing similar problems with my iPad G1. Apps randomly close quite frequently, the keyboards lags horribly so that typing is almost impossible, iMessage won't allow me to respond because the "send" button is grayed out. I haven't noticed anything with my music as I don't use it for that function. I'm so irritated with it that it sits in the drawer and goes unused. I'll be going to the genius bar to see what they recommend.

3. filmbuff macrumors 6502a

filmbuff

The only problem I've had is Safari crashing all the time. Maybe try doing a full restore?

4. Tinmania macrumors 68040

Tinmania

Many apps seem to crash regularly on me.

I can't even read the news in the morning anymore without Zite crashing at least twice.

It's as if everything is iPad 2 only and we are being left to die on the vine. :(

Michael

5. tozol thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the replies guys,

Have to say its pathetic, I have put this similar post on the official Apple forums, and not a single reply, and not much else going on.

For the first time I have to say I'm very disappointed, on how little info is coming out, and how long a fix is coming, I can only guess its that bad across the board apple are in deep work trying to fix this mess.

I will say I to have had safari crash many times now to, it's the message system thats so disappointing, clearly it has a major problem, the picture import fix isn't working now either yes it lights up when you put a pic in, but disappears again once removed, and who wants to send a pic every time.

I will say I have toyed with the try again idea, but to be honest, with so many problems, and so many iPads/devices being affected, it can't be that, but hey I may do it his weekend after my podcast recording.

Cheers

6. Nocontact macrumors newbie

I agree. Pathetic is the word for it. Two trips to the "genius" bar only to be told backup and restore. Which I did. 3 times. Isn't this the type of solution that was used for.....windows? Pretty sad for all the hype and free passes Apple is getting for this.
    The lag is basically killing the whole iPad experience and Im bummed. But I don't think just going to the ipad 2 will solve it. I've been reading similar threads about that having issues too.
    Doesn't make it better! Just so you know.
    And being told to turn off all the features that are supposed to be so revolutionary doesn't exactly seem like a reasonable fix.

7. Wordsmithmac macrumors member

Wordsmithmac

I'm having all these issues plus my battery dies much quicker. Apple is really hurting my experience with these issues. I assume they screwed with the iPad 1 to force people to get an iPad 2 which is not cool at all.

8. vitzr macrumors 68030

vitzr

I can certainly understand your frustration. I kept my original iPad and have deliberately chosen to not upgrade after reading the reports of problems.

As you have experienced, it's generally not a good idea to upgrade until you read the experiences others are having. Since I have a few iPad 2 models in the family I decided to risk one to the upgrade. Got lucky and it's OK.

As far as Apple addressing problems, with all the various devices they have to support, I do wonder if they have a large enough staff to deal with it all. Being notoriously silent, that serves them well but can leave users guessing and frustrated. It's just the Apple way.