Problems with my iPhone native apps crashes and more

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by fishmoose, Nov 16, 2008.

1. fishmoose macrumors 68000

Hi!

Lately i've been having some serious problems with my iPhone 3G (16 gig if that matters)

The thing that first happend was that i was listening to music and browsing the web on my iPhone and safari startes to lag really really bad so i try to quiet it but it wont work then the music started to "lag" so i tried to turn the volume down and it wouldn't work. The phone wasn't responding at all.

When i finally got control again safari crashed to springboard but the music was still playing and it now had done my command of turning the volume down and i tried to turn it up again but then it went to the highest volume!
    I have in-ear headphones so you can imagine how that felt, anyway i ripped the headphones out of my ears and turned the phone off and everything seemed normal.

When the phone had rebooted i went to safari settings and safari had crashed so much lately so i figured i should delete everything, cache, history,cookies and databases.

Everything went fine until i've tried to delete my databases i had two the first one i cant remember what it was but the second one was something to do with gmail and i do quiete often log into gmail on my iphone using safari.

So when i tried to delete the gmail database the settings meny crashed to springboard! So i thought that was strange, then my phone worked fine for a day then some really strange things started happening.

Safari started crashing 4-5 times per day for example, didn't really bothered me so much because everyone knows mobilesafari is buggy.

But just now like 10 minutes ago i was browsing the app strore and that also crashed!

Basically my phone has been really buggy lately, the screen also feels a little of. And i had almost zero issues before :(

I have been really cautious with the phone, never dropped it, no water damage, haven't had it in any tight pockets and such.

So what should i do?

I'm guessing a restore might solve it? Or should i take it to Apple?

Any help is appreciated

And sorry for the long post but i really wanted to try to explain this really good.

Anyway thanks for reading and please respond!

2. iblastoff macrumors 6502

a restore might help for a little bit. lets admit it, fw 2.1/safari/the iphone in general is a buggy mess.

3. fishmoose thread starter macrumors 68000

Yeah sure the iPhone os is buggy but i should have noticed it before, i've had it since August and this is the first time I'm really disappointed.

I had used the iPhone everyday since I got it and i haven't noticed anything before.

4. fishmoose thread starter macrumors 68000

5. fishmoose thread starter macrumors 68000

These issues wen't away after 2.2, but has now returned, what should I do about this?