Problems with my Lacie Ethernet Disk mini USB 500Gig

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by milfredo, May 20, 2008.

1. milfredo macrumors newbie

I've recently bought another 500Gig HD (non NAS, Mmedia wireless drive) as a backup to the Lacie NAS drive that I've had for about a year, connected to my Netgear wireless router, and while trying to move files from the Lacie onto the new (non NAS) drive via USB I noticed that the file structure on the Lacie appeared to be missing all my photos and most of the music files were missing or in the wrong location.

Panic.

I thought I'd use Disk Warrior but as I connect to the Lacie drive via AFP from the Finder\Go\Connect to Server it isn't mounted and can't be seen by Disk Warrior or Utilities and connecting via USB only adds the device as another network share.

I browsed to the FTP Lacie Nas via Firefox and in to the FTP server and everything looked as it should and how I remember so what is up with the AFB filing?

Also from Adobe Lightroom, I can right click on a photo and select 'show in finder' and it can locate the files and the folder appears. Try to copy or move it and the drive drops the finder window. From FTP the file downloads fine.

Does anyone know how to run Disk warrior on a NAS drive as I'm thinking the permissions have got messed up and need a repair. Does the enclosure need to be opened up and warranty voided (not ideal)?

Thanks

Will

2. milfredo thread starter macrumors newbie

3. milfredo thread starter macrumors newbie