Problems with my Macbook Alu., can I change it at Apple Store?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Sikaffy, Feb 9, 2009.

1. Sikaffy macrumors newbie

Sikaffy

Hi, well my grandmother give me a Macbook 2.4ghz Alu in dicember, since day two with my macbook I noticed that it has like 3 dead pixels in the bottom-left corner. I just ignored them, but anyways, yesterday I started to notice that my HDD was doing some weird noises (on the right bottom side), it sounds like if the disk was scratching or something like that. You have to be very close to the macbook to ear that, but it's a little annoying; finally the battery cover is a little loose in the left side.

I don't know if a can change my mabcook in a Apple Store or those aren't "real" problems. The macbook was bought in Miami (The falls Apple Store), but I don't live in USA so i need to know if i can actually change it in order to send my macbook to a cousin in Miami. Oh, and one more detail, my Macbook has spanish western keyboard, that can be a problem to fix/change it in the Apple Store?

(And yes, I have the Apple Care thing).

2. gixxerredliner macrumors regular

gixxerredliner

Hmm

I would contact your relatives in miami and send the laptop to them and tell them to take it to a apple store probaly the one they purchased it from.

3. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

Ignore the post above. You can take any Apple product you purchased, whether it be iPod, iPhone, or Computer to any Apple Store for exchanges, refunds, repairs, etc. Just take it to any Apple Store or authorized repair center and ask them.

4. bozz2006 macrumors 68030

bozz2006

additionally, if you're not close to an apple store, or if it is inconvenient to get to one, call applecare. they'll sort the problem out for you.

5. Patriks7 macrumors 65816

Patriks7

What that guy said. I bought my MacBook in Slovakia and had no problems getting it repaired in Austria. And that definitely seems to be worth replacing/repairing (unless you swapped out the original HDD for another one).

6. petermcphee macrumors 6502a

petermcphee

This is definitely one of the nice things about Apple service. The ability to walk into any Apple store, clear your throat, and loudly announce, "I have a problem!"

Then watch all the brightly shirted helpers rush your way.:D

7. Sikaffy thread starter macrumors newbie

Sikaffy

Thanks for all the answers :)
    I guess i'll try calling Apple Care, in my country there isn't a single Apple Store so I will have to do the change in Miami I think.

But I'm specially mad about the battery cover, do the Apple Store change your machine / cover if the cover is a little loose?