Problems with my MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Thalin, Jan 22, 2013.

1. Thalin macrumors member

Looking for some advice. A while ago I had a screen problem with my Macbook Pro, with red streaks appearing when showing a dark colour. Although it's not my thread it's basically this problem http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1415150 , but mine is more toward the centre of the problem. I have the Applecare plan and it's still valid for a while longer. Anyway I took it in for repair to the Apple store about a year and a half ago and they replaced the screen without any problems, then all was fine until recently and the problem starts again. This time I took it into an 'IStore/Albion' store because it's more local, and they sent it off for repair, but i've just had a call from a repair centre -as far as I know a different one to where the main Apple store sent it the time before, saying they are pressure marks caused by accidental damage and it isn't covered by the plan, meaning a hefty charge for repair. I never put any pressure on top of the screen and it always has a case on. I didn't tell the guy on the phone that it's already had the problem and been repaired without any problems before and I just asked for it to be sent back.

Basically i'm wondering what the next step will be. Should I take it in the 'proper' Apple store where I took it in originally to get it fixed now? Should I mention to the guy there that i've just sent it in to the 'Istore/Albion' store and they refused to fix it under the care plan? The fact it's happened twice now is even more worrying.

2. Arnezie macrumors 65816

Arnezie

Just take it in to an apple store and see what they say

3. Thalin thread starter macrumors member

It's annoying that it's the exact same problem as before which is concerning, they fixed it first without any hassle, and now they're refusing to, and blaming it on me. I'm just hoping the proper Apple store will help me. As far as I know they send it to an actual Apple repair centre where as this Istore/Albion store send it to a 'side company', i'm being told the Apple store can repair in-store now though which could be handy if they accept the repair.