Problems with my MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by kevzy, Oct 13, 2008.

1. kevzy macrumors member

Hey guys,

Hopefully someone can help me with this.

I got my first Mac after the Feb update and am loving it so far. A few days after I got it I was installing some software and put a CD into the disk drive. There was this horrible crunching and cracking sound as the CD went in. However, the CD was read and worked fine, no scratches when it came out either.

I have since been using my MBP and the disk drive everyday with the crunching sound always there. Everything else was going fine until I took the MBP out of its case the other day. You can see from the pictures what has happened. It looks like the top of the disk drive is collapsing. I am soooooo overly protective of my MBP, when I'm not using it it's in its case. It hasn't been dropped.

Another problem that has developed seems to be black marks on the bottom of the screen pointing up. Maybe it's the video card defect? Also the power cord is detaching from my power brick.

Has anyone got any suggestions as to what I should do? I'll be taking it to an Apple store but would like to have an idea of what the outcome might be. I should add that I'm still under warranty.

What do you guys think? Thanks for any replies.

Attached Files:

• 1.JPG
      1.JPG
      File size:
      49.3 KB
      Views:
    • 2.JPG
      2.JPG
      File size:
      60.7 KB
      Views:
    • 3.JPG
      3.JPG
      File size:
      66.2 KB
      Views:
  2. kevzy thread starter macrumors member

3. tremendous macrumors 6502

tremendous

4. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

I don't think they can say you dropped it unless there's other things wrong with the outside of it, such as dents or scratches.

5. kevzy thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the replies. It hasn't been dropped, will they repair it for free?

6. aristobrat macrumors G4

I'd just make an appt. for the Genius Bar at your Apple Store and see what they have to say. As long as there is no obvious physical damage, I wouldn't imagine that they'd push back.

They were nice and replaced the entire top of my MBP case (the area around the keyboard) because the power button was on an angle after a few months. Hopefully they'll be as cool for you. :)

7. Mikebuzzsaw macrumors 6502

Genuis bar is pretty friendly. They'll fix it for u.

8. CitiXen macrumors member

CitiXen

Probably one of the reasons why they went with a Unibody constuction for the new MBPs.

9. theweber3 macrumors member

theweber3

Good point, I love my unibody!