Problems with my second Airport Extreme

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Lollypop, Jul 15, 2007.

1. Lollypop macrumors 6502a

Lollypop

I got my first airport about 3 months ago, go it because I wanted to share my movies with my house mate.

Out of the box the first unit had bad signal and i had a hell of a time getting the shared USB disks to work, the airport disk utility just use to beachball if i entered the password, if it went through the best I got was one person being able to open a file, a second person would beachball when trying to browse the share via the finder. Trying to configure the airport was just as hard, it kept on trying to "read the configuration" and eventually I had to restart the airport to get anything out of it.

I took it back, and after 3 weeks the apple store told me that they couldnt fix it and i would get a new one when stock arrives 2 weeks on.

Finally got it and its still not working... first time around i though it was the unit, now it would just be to freaky if its the unit again.. symptons same as above, airport disk not working at all, and configuring the unit a pain... from two machines (powerbook and 24inch imac)... only inidaction of error i can find in the console is : mDNSResponder: Repeated transitions for interface en1 (10.0.1.200); delaying packets by 5 seconds

Any ideas what could be going wrong?

2. Lollypop thread starter macrumors 6502a

Lollypop

Finally solved the problem, seems the Airport only plays well with a very select few USB HDD enclosures, mine (using a VIA chipset) isnt one of the few it can play well with.. swapped to a more expensive enclosure and now at least it mounts, but the throughput is so bad I can bare stream a 1000kilobit movie without frequent pauses in the movie.