Problems with my utilities folder

Discussion in 'macOS' started by -vale-, Jun 8, 2008.

1. -vale- macrumors newbie

Hi everyone,

My name is Valentina, I'm from Chile, and I'm a new Mac user, I bought my Macbook about 2 weeks ago.

Everything was working fine, but two days ago I notice that everything on my Utilities folder suddenly disappeared, including the Terminal :confused:
    (Time Machine was turned off)

I don't know how to recover my missing apps, not re-installing Leopard.

If anyone knows how to solve this problem, please give me a hand.

Thanks a lot,

Valentina.

(sorry if my english is not so good) :)

2. applefan69 macrumors 6502a

applefan69

somebody could upload their utilities folder for you. I'd do it for you right now but im a tad busy, maybe later when i return to this thread of noone else has yet I will.

Or you can put yor OS X leopard (/tiger/panther/etc.) install disk in, and you should be able to do a custom install, telling it to only install the utilities.. i've never had to do this myself so im not 100% that, that is possible. But I think it is, and I think its worth a try.

3. Watabou macrumors 68040

Watabou

Ok sure, I can upload my Utilities folder to box.net if you want.

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Have you tried searching your drive for any of the utilities using Spotlight? It's possible you might have moved the folder.

5. applefan69 macrumors 6502a

applefan69

Just make sure you guys are both running the same version of OS X, and then it should work, at least i cant imagine why it wouldn't.

6. Watabou macrumors 68040

Watabou

I sorry, but it seems that the Utiltieis folder is about 500 MBs and I only have 384 MB left.

But I am 99% sure that you can download the Utilities folder from the Leopard install disc 1.

Again, I am sorry but I can't delete all my files in my box because I really need them :(

7. -vale- thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi!

I tried to search the utilities using spotlight, but nothing was found :(
    I also tried to download the utilities folder from both Leopard installation discs... but, I couldn't do it,... :confused: Maybe if someone tells me how to do it exactly, it would be much better :p