Problems with NeoTouch case

Discussion in 'iPod touch Accessories' started by obe1995, Jan 18, 2009.

1. obe1995 macrumors newbie

obe1995

am i the only person having a super hard time putting on my neotouch by switcheasy case. when i put on the hard layers, the silicon layer comes out of place. PLEASE GIVE ME TIPS

2. hlr element macrumors member

it's a pain to put on. I know. My tips would be, don't be afraid to break the H frame, it's pretty strong. Just pull it over, it'll pull some of the silicone but just slowly lift the frame and tuck that back under the frame. Take your time... it's annoying... maybe try wetting the silicone so it slides better and doesn't rip.

3. JustOneQuickONe macrumors 6502

I had the same problem, I was more afraid of ripping the silicone sleeve though. I just got fed up and pushed it on which pushed the silicon sleeve out I then just tucked it under the edge of the case with my finger nail and it went right into place. There is enough room under the H bracket to allow the case to situate correctly after tucking it back in. What color did you get? I have a white one but the "I" bracket started to turn a light shade of pink so they're sending me a replacement in black, and I don't even have to send back the case I have now! Not that I will use a pink case but they were very quick to respond and tell me that they were sending me a replacement while allowing me to pick the color at the same time. Very good company, hope you enjoy your case.

4. obe1995 thread starter macrumors newbie

obe1995

What did you do to get a replacement? did u need a receipt?

5. acedew macrumors member

You don't even really need to tuck the silicon back in, just gently work the edge of the H plastic by pushing up and out on it (as if you were going to take the plastic off) and the silicon will disappear back under the case.

My NEO Touch was loose. It creaked in my hand a lot, and when I squeezed it you could actually see completely through a gap between the I plastic and the H plastic (from a profile perspective). This defect, combined with the difficulty of getting the silicon skin back under the case, led to the silicon case repeatedly coming out of holes for the volume rocker and sleep button. I sent them an email, they asked for pictures and my order number and address. Once I provided that, they told me to keep the case and just buy another one, and they refunded all of my money, including shipping. I'm not using a case right now, just the screen protector that I had applied and the little dock plug that came with the Neo. I'm trying to decide what to do, because I'm starting to agree with iLounge--the Neo Touch is one sweet, protective case, but it's just a little too ambitious for any consistency in their manufacturing process.

6. JustOneQuickONe macrumors 6502

To get a replacement I just emailed them, I'm guessing they have everything on record since I didn't provide anything but my name, either that or they don't care too much and its a common problem? They asked me to take pictures of it and send email the pics to them.