Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eMace

macrumors member
Original poster
May 20, 2008
Hopin there's a simple solution for this problem i'm having. I just bought a wireless router (Linksys WRT310N) but I'm havin trouble turning on Airport. I go to apple->Network->Airport and click the Turn Airport On button but nothing happens. I go to the cone shaped Airport icon on the taskbar upper right and it says No Airport Card Installed?? I have the 2.8 GHz 24" iMac which is supposed to come with an Airport card, i think. Does anyone know how to get my wireless connection going? thanks. btw the wireless router works on other comps.

eMace

macrumors member
Original poster
May 20, 2008
ok just did a restart after an update and now when i click on the airport cone icon on the taskbar, it no longer says No Airport Card Installed, it says Turn Airport On or Open Network Preferences. I click Turn Airport On but still nothing.

SnowLeopard2008

macrumors 604
Jul 4, 2008
Silicon Valley
Hmm... that's strange. Even the older iMacs (plastic) that my school's library getting a fair amount of abuse every day, no one has managed to screw up the wireless card. Take it back to the apple store or you can reinstall the OS using the system discs. Either a software error/ or hardware defect.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.