Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shuffle1

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 14, 2004
Hi gang,

I just put my replacement battery in my PowerBook, but after letting it charge all night, I woke up to find it completely dead! Nada, nothing, zippo! When I first got the new battery, it had a tad of juice in it, so I stuck it in to try it. But, after starting up (with the power cord plugged in), the icon showed that it wasn't charging and that I was just running on the adapter. I even checked in the System Profiler and it showed that the battery was installed but not charging. What's weird is, after shutting down, I couldn't even start up my computer using the power adapter while that new battery was installed. So, I removed the battery, and tried to start up with just the power adapter, and that doesn't work either.

I finally stuck in my old battery, plugged in the power cord, and started it up. Unfortunately, for some weird reason, the old one now seems to only last about an hour and a half, when, only yesterday (before all this mess), it was still getting about four hours. I don't know. Anybody have any ideas on how to get this new battery to start charging? Shouldn't I be able to start my PowerBook with no battery in it at all, using only the power adapter?

Thanks for any help you can give me on this one. I really appreciate it!

Sincerely,

shuffle1

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.